Find a Trainer
Posted in Training & Development 14/02/2008 20:10:12
The Regional Training Representatives are:
- Northern Region: Catherine Abbott 0044 7782015355
- North Leinster Region: Janet Murray 086 8905569
- South Leinster Region: Bridget Speirs 087 6831273
- Munster / Western Region: Mary-Rose Cooney 022 25237
These training specialists can provide you with information on appropriate training taking place within your area, and will also be able to assist you in finding a trainer.
Steps to Finding a Trainer
Step 1. Ask!
- 1. A successful competitor
- 2. A member of the Training & Performance Committee
Step 2: Understand the Training Process
- 1. Learn to Train
- 2. Train to Compete
- 3. Compete to Win.
Step 3: Remember
- 1. Decide what you want to get from each training session.
- 2. It is more important to get the message than to worry about the messenger.
- 3. Your ability to learn is much more valuable to you than your Trainer's ability to Teach
- 4. The joy of knowledge is the real reward for the effort of learning.
- 5. The first objective of the Training and Performance Team is to help Irish Riders to achieve the best competition results possible. We hope you will enjoy Eventing and feel good about it. But that is recreation and therapy: Our job is to look at and to look for results.